Home About us Donate Volunteer Hospitals Projects Contact us Media Center
TB Hospital Baghdada
The TB Hospital in Baghdada Mardan is an old hospital, set up by Dr. Marie Holst, a Danish Missionary in 1907. In 1952 the government of Pakistan took over the building and established a TB hospital in the premises. In early eighties, the department of communication and works declared the building dangerous and decided to demolish it.
When the late Mr. Fazali Rabbi inspected the building, he found it to be robust and strong to serve as a hospital for quite some time. He therefore, requested the then governor of NWFP, late General Fazl-e-Haq to give the building to the Association on lease, so that a proper TB hospital could be established. Having seen the building himself, the Governor agreed and gave the building to the Association on 50 years lease for running a TB hospital in the premises (lease ending in 2033).

The hospital started functioning from 1st January 1984 as indoor TB Hospital under the association. The hospital deployed two X-Ray machines (MMR), a laboratory, sufficient TB drugs, transport, furniture, stationary and a proper patient card room to have permanent record of all the patients. Qualified doctors, X-Ray technicians, laboratory technicians, dispensers, nurses and other administrative support staff was hired to run the hospital.

TB Hospital Bannu
In 1991, the association built another TB hospital in Bannu Township, Bannu to cater for the needs of the southern districts and Waziristan. The land (4 kanals/2420 square yards) was given free of cost by the Government of NWFP and the funds for the building and equipment were provided by a philanthropist, Sheikh Abdul Qasim Fakhro Darwesh of Qatar.

The hospital was inaugurated by the then Governor NWFP, Mr Gulistan Janjua in May 1991. It is staffed by a qualified doctor, X-Ray and laboratory technicians, a lady health visitor (LHV) and administrative staff. A twelve bedded ward was added in 2002. It has two X-Ray machines and a proper laboratory for diagnosis.

TB Clinic, Ahal, Mansehra
A proposal for establishing a TB clinic at Ahal, Mansehra was submitted to CIDA (Canadian International Development Agency) Islamabad, who kindly approved the proposal in May 2008. The clinic started functioning from 1st July 2008. This clinic is also equipped with an X-Ray machine, laboratory, dispensary and an ambulance. It is staffed by qualified doctors, LHV, technicians, health educators and administration staff.


Copyright © 2010 Anti TB Association. All rights reserved. Website by Muhammad Uzair